We are now fully open for non-essential services and procedures while still complying with updated Washington State guidelines.
Please comply with current self-quarantining guidelines put out by the CDC / WA state DOH.
- Mandatory 10-day self-quarantine after traveling. Please do not come into our office if you have not satisfied this requirement or do not have a post-travel negative covid test.
- Please do not come into the office if you have suspected covid exposure such that you are needing to test for Covid-19, or you are actively awaiting a Covid-19 test result.
- Please do not come into the office if you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chills, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste and/or smell. We can assist your care with a telemedicine visit, or provide covid-19 testing.
Thank you for your interest and support of essential businesses, especially our small medical office during the COVID-19 pandemic. We care deeply about the safety of our patients and staff. The team at Rebel Med NW are continually improving our capacity to handle the demand we have received regarding requests for care during this time. As a small business this does create an additional customer service demand and we ask that you use some of communications options available including our Health Portal, Message use function in bottom right corner, or email.
Please take a moment to examine our clinic guidance regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and please continue supporting the Ballard / Seattle community. Our top priority as healthcare providers and as a community is to protect the well-being of vulnerable populations: the immune-compromised, pregnant, elderly, and individuals with cardiovascular, diabetes, or cancer health histories. These populations are most at-risk due to complications of the novel coronavirus. Due to the specific nature of how viral diseases spread, we do recommend that the best method of prevention and treatment is following guidelines put out currently by the CDC or the King County Public Health.
COVID 19 CLINIC UPDATE (07/30/2021)
As a Medical Office, we require masks during all visits with in person care.
In efforts to comply with new King County Public Health, CDC regulations, and the Seattle community, Rebel Med NW is encouraging the use of telemedicine services when possible. If an appointment does not need to be in-office, telemedicine curbs the amount of in-person traffic. However, we are continuing scheduling for in-office procedures. This includes naturopathic medicine modalities such as spinal manipulations and biofeedback, acupuncture, and massage therapy. Our clinic is able to do so safely because we have sufficient treatment rooms available and patients can be roomed immediately so that social distancing is maximized.
Rebel Med NW Protocols:
- Our facility is able to accommodate in-office procedures while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Patients will be able to wait in treatment rooms almost immediately and will limit their contact to only the provider they are seeing and the front desk minimally.
- We are opening our second door that is usually kept locked as an “exit only” door to facilitate a one-way flow of foot traffic.
- Providers will help schedule patients in the treatment rooms when possible so that patients only have to interface with the front desk staff for the few seconds of checking in, and for billing or miscellaneous questions.
- Patients can still maintain a 2-3 feet distance from front desk personnel due to the counter space up at the front, in addition to all parties wearing face coverings to further reduce exposure risk.
- Patient credit cards are held securely through our EHR system so that no handling of cash or cards need to take place.
- Copays and Co-insurances will be charged automatically so that patients will not have to interface with the front desk except for extraneous billing and miscellaneous questions or First Office Visit procedures.
- We will continue to follow our stringent sanitizing procedures and universal hygiene practices such as hand washing/sanitizing, flipping sheets, wiping surfaces, wearing face coverings, and other guidelines as outlined by the CDC.
Rebel Med NW has now resumed all services and operations as normal while following strict sanitization procedures and social distancing guidelines. This has the potential to create an administrative delay, and we ask that you respect the time for the patient that might be following you as we assist to complete appointment on time.
We thank you for your compliance with our pandemic protocols and procedures, your health and safety is our top priority. Rebel Med NW has been diligently following CDC and Washington State guidelines and will continue to do so. We will update our community of any changes.
Please schedule for telemedicine visits with one of our providers for any health concern you may have regardless of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We are following King County Public Health Guidance to reduce the spread and reduce the burden on the medical system, please review here for the latest information and updates as changes do happen daily.
Most insurance companies do cover telemedicine, and would like to assist you in maintaining your health access and questions while reducing your risk of contracting and transmitting the coronavirus associated with COVID-19.
Rebel Med NW Services
Immune Health & Support guidance
Anxiety / Depression / Mental Health support
Allergies & Asthma
Cardiovascular & Diabetes Care
Digestive Health and Wellness including IBS & IBD & SIBO
Women’s, Men’s, non-binary, and LGBTQ Primary Care Health
Private / Employer Insurance Plans:
Regence / Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Premera Blue Cross / Lifewise
Anthem / Uniform
Aetna & Mertain Health
Cigna & American Speciality Health
Coordinated Care / Ambetter
United Health Care
Kaiser PPO Core Plans (not HMO, formerly group health)
Molina Healthcare of Washington Marketplace
Medicaid / WA Apple Health Plans:
United Healthcare Community Plan
Direct Pricing, Senior, Student, and Military discounts available
Check out our mental health resources page.
The Rebel Med NW Team would like to thank you for following this guidance so that we can continue helping you and the community with your medical care needs.
Thank you for your interest and support of our small business Rebel Med NW. We care deeply about the safety of our patients, employees, and greater community. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have are no supporting our patients through Telemedicine Services. Please take a moment to examine the clinical guidance that we have put in place regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and supporting the Ballard Community. Our top priority as healthcare providers, but also as a community, should be to protect the well-being of vulnerable populations: immune-compromised, pregnant, elderly, and individuals with cardiovascular, diabetes, or cancer health history. These populations are most at-risk for complications of the coronavirus. Please check out Flattenthecurve.com to learn about important things you can do to reduce the demand on the healthcare system and promote safety in your community. Due to the specific nature of how viral diseases spread, we do recommend that the best method of prevention and treatment is following guidelines put out currently by the CDC or the King County Public Health.
Patient In-Office Care Policies:
- In Office Care: we have modified our scheduling system to reduce exposure risk, optimize patient flow, and to support physical distancing of 6 ft.
- If you are experiencing symptoms that are similar to COVID-19 (see CDC list) and are seeking medical care we ask that you start with a telemedicine screening visit before any in-office care. We understand that it is allergy season, but we must maintain our clinical diligence. Many times we can support you remotely.
Rebel Med Clinic Entry Flow
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire for new patients and patients who have not been in recently.
- Mask requirements: face masks are mandatory.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: we have installed 4 additional hand sanitizer stations for patient and provider use throughout the facility including immediately upon entry.
- Thorough Hand Washing upon clinic entry: our clinic set-up allows you to enter the facility and wash your hands even before setting foot in the primary clinic area.
- Please Maintain 6 FT Physical distancing along with our separate lobby spaces allows continue support of prevention of close proximity while indoors.
- Payment & Billing: we have a completely digital online medical record and billing system, this allows you to pay remotely, or we can swipe or key-in your debit / credit / HSA card. We can securely email or send your portal billing information including receipts and invoices.
- We do ask all patients to please wash your hands upon entering the clinic space, follow posted signs we have in place, and be diligent in proper hygiene at your home & work settings.
COVID-19 Information and Updates from Rebel Med NW
Please review the following symptoms prior to care at Rebel Med NW:
PER CDC: People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
In addition, based on evidence of research we would additionally be mindful if you have had recent bowel changes including vomiting and diarrhea in general, as we would like to prevent the spread of influenza, norovirus, and any other pathogenic viral diseases that can spread through the community.
Please be aware that there is currently a 14-day quarantine recommendation for people that are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms regardless of testing results, or lack thereof.
As testing continues to improve, please be considerate of our limited abilities for testing. Even if you think you have contracted the novel coronavirus we are advising that testing be only recommended for those at high risk: COPD, Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, the immune compromised, and those age 60+ due to their high-risk status and potential need for medical management.
Precautions we are taking in our facility for COVID-19:
- Cloth mask use for staff and patients: Mandatory for staff, optional for patients
- HEPA Filters, including 3 UV HEPA filters
- Cleaning surfaces Hourly
- Physical Distancing
- Appointment spacing to limit crowding
- Staff Health Awareness: our staff knows that if they were to start experiencing symptoms, or if a family member begins experiencing symptoms, they have been advised to stay home. Patient’s scheduled appointment may move to Telemedicine or rescheduled to another time.
DISCLAIMER: There is currently no FDA approved therapy that can treat OR prevent the novel coronavirus known as SARS-COV2 that causes COVID-19 disease.
COVID-19 Treatment Recommendations:
As there is no current treatment or prevention of COVID-19, the best that individuals can do right now is to follow CDC guidelines to avoid exposure. The next best thing is to take care of your current health and make sure that your underlying health conditions are well managed and under control so that you can minimize your risk of developing complications.
Rebel Med NW carries several supplements and herbal formulas that can be beneficial for general immune health and immune support, endothelial health and optimization, and treatments of cardiovascular disease & diabetes. Treatments are guided by our rapport and understanding of our patient’s current health and past health history. We strongly recommend that you meet with one of our licensed Naturopathic or Eastern Medicine providers to determine if these tools are in your best interest.
Due to the specific nature of how viral diseases spread, we do recommend that the best method of prevention and treatment is following guidelines put out currently by the CDC, King County Public Health. We are actively researching case reports and information that is coming out from harder hit areas around the world. We are in full advocacy for vaccination, or treatments as they become approved by the FDA.
General Treatment Disclaimer: Any treatments we may recommend are considered investigational, and not curative of any particular disease. There is currently no FDA approved therapy that can directly treat the novel coronavirus known as SARS-COV2 that causes COVID-19 disease.
Our goal is to always reduce risk, reduce exposure, and reduce complications associated the transmission of this disease and any other disease which has the potential to harm vulnerable populations.
While there are many potential tools to help alleviate or support the consequences of a viral disease, we find that each patient needs to have a custom risk assessment to determine their individual needs, and are more than happy to start this conversation with you.