Dr. Phonexay Lala Simon is a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac) and East Asian Medical Practitioner (EAMP) in the state of Washington specializing in pain management, fertility support and women’s health issues, and diabetes support, depression/anxiety, and Cosmetic acupuncture/facial rejuvenation acupuncture. As a healer, Phonexay guides her patients back to their own source of health. Although she utilizes acupuncture as her primary modality, it is not about acupuncture– it is about her patients and their process. Phonexay practices by using her intuition and her Chinese medicine skills of pulse and tongue diagnosis to communicate with her patients on a deeper level. She has learned through experience that if she is quiet and still, then the body will speak to her directly.
She believes that our bodies are continually trying to heal, but as we live our lives, we make decisions that both impede or aid the healing process. Phonexay strives to be a catalyst to help her patients find their inner source of energy and inspiration so that they can work towards their vision of change.
As she tried to define what she wanted to do in life, she always knew that she wanted to make a difference in the world and to help others on a mental, physical, and spiritual level. She lives to be an integral source of compassion and kindness for her patients and for her community. Phonexay believes in healing through transformation, and that all experiences, especially pain, discomfort, and ill-health, are lived through to manifest change and evolution, ultimately to bring about something that is stronger than before.
Phonexay enjoys raising her 2 children, gardening, and working out at the Olympic Athletic Club when not co-running Rebel Med NW with her partner Dr. Andrew Simon. She has passionate interest in using her past education in psychology, along with Tarot cards, Astrology, and numerology to assist her integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine care her care with clients when appropriate for those that are struggling with a lost sense of identity, and need to connect again with the human interactions around them in a more meaningful way.
- East Asian Medical Practitioner – Washington State
- Licensed Acupuncturist – Washington State
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA) – Washington State
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) – Graduation June 2019
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine – Portland, OR
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MSAOM) – June 2013
- Bastyr University – Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) – December 2009
- Western Washington University – Bellingham, WA
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview International Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- St. Vincent’s Assisted Living Community- (Seattle, WA)
- Evergreen Treatment Services Center, NADA Protocol- (Seattle, WA)
- Chengdu TCM Hospital- (Chengdu, China)
- Shanghai TCM Hospital- (Shanghai, China)
- Acupuncture Relief Project Bimphedi Clinic- (Bimphedi, Nepal)
- Ballard NW Senior Center – (Seattle, WA)
A Note when Scheduling with Phonexay:
** Please try to schedule on the hour or half-hour time slots. Appointments on the 15 and 45 minute will be moved to the next hour/half-hour block. If there are no availabilities, please contact our front desk or submit a Schedule Request because Phonexay offers 2 appointments per hour, but the online scheduler will not reflect this. We appreciate your understanding.