Dr. Phonexay Lala Simon is a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac) and East Asian Medical Practitioner (EAMP) in the state of Washington specializing in pain management, fertility support and women’s health issues, and diabetes support, depression/anxiety, and Cosmetic acupuncture/facial rejuvenation acupuncture. As a healer, Phonexay guides her patients back to their own source of health. Although she utilizes acupuncture as her primary modality, it is not about acupuncture– it is about her patients and their process. Phonexay practices by using her intuition and her Chinese medicine skills of pulse and tongue diagnosis to communicate with her patients on a deeper level. She has learned through experience that if she is quiet and still, then the body will speak to her directly.
She believes that our bodies are continually trying to heal, but as we live our lives, we make decisions that both impede or aid the healing process. Phonexay strives to be a catalyst to help her patients find their inner source of energy and inspiration so that they can work towards their vision of change.
As she tried to define what she wanted to do in life, she always knew that she wanted to make a difference in the world and to help others on a mental, physical, and spiritual level. She lives to be an integral source of compassion and kindness for her patients and for her community. Phonexay believes in healing through transformation, and that all experiences, especially pain, discomfort, and ill-health, are lived through to manifest change and evolution, ultimately to bring about something that is stronger than before.
FINDING HER WAY HERE
Dr. Severson’s Biospychology program opened her up to the world of holistic medicine and how our thoughts and perceptions of the world affect our behaviors and decision making which translates into our lifestyle and ultimately our health. She decided to go into Naturopathic Medicine and enrolled in medical school at Bastyr University San Diego. She eventually transferred to Bastyr University Kenmore where there is a higher scope of practice so she could gain more diverse and in-depth clinical knowledge.
After attending a Kinesio Taping class and then interning with Dr. Simon, she became a student employee at Rebel Med NW. As a student employee, she played an important role in creating operational systems at the front desk and billing procedures – demonstrating that she was willing to take on large projects and grow her experience even as she was a full time medical student. Eventually, she became Rebel Med NW’s first official CNME Resident where she continued to mentor with Dr. Simon and Dr. Schule and develop her specialties in Mind-Body Medicine, Dermatology, and Primary Care. Dr. Kathy Severson brings her enthusiasm, genuine curiosity, and compassion to all the patients who come to her.
Phonexay enjoys raising her 2 children, gardening, and working out at the Olympic Athletic Club when not co-running Rebel Med NW with her partner Dr. Andrew Simon. She has passionate interest in using her past education in psychology, along with Tarot cards, Astrology, and numerology to assist her integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine care her care with clients when appropriate for those that are struggling with a lost sense of identity, and need to connect again with the human interactions around them in a more meaningful way.
A Note when Scheduling with Phonexay:
** Please try to schedule on the hour or half-hour time slots. Appointments on the 15 and 45 minute will be moved to the next hour/half-hour block. If there are no availabilities, please contact our front desk or submit a Schedule Request because Phonexay offers 2 appointments per hour, but the online scheduler will not reflect this. We appreciate your understanding.
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) – Graduation June 2019
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine – Portland, OR
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MSAOM) – June 2013
- Bastyr University – Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) – December 2009
- Western Washington University – Bellingham, WA
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview International Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- St. Vincent’s Assisted Living Community- (Seattle, WA)
- Evergreen Treatment Services Center, NADA Protocol- (Seattle, WA)
- Chengdu TCM Hospital- (Chengdu, China)
- Shanghai TCM Hospital- (Shanghai, China)
- Acupuncture Relief Project Bimphedi Clinic- (Bimphedi, Nepal)
- Ballard NW Senior Center – (Seattle, WA)
- East Asian Medical Practitioner – Washington State
- Licensed Acupuncturist – Washington State
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA) – Washington State
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Severson interned with Bastyr Center for Natural Health on several Speciality Shifts as well as community sites:
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health- (Seattle, WA)
- IV Therapy
- Physical Medicine
- Cardiovascular & Diabetes Shift
- Biofeedback & Mind Body Medicine Shift
- Ballard Senior Center
- YWCA Women’s Shelter
Dr. Severson has great interest and practices the following specialties:
- Primary Care
- Dermatology & Natural Skin health
- Digestive Health Management including IBS & SIBO
- Stress Management, Counseling & Mental health & Biofeedback Training
- Cardiovascular Care & Diabetes
- Physical medicine: Spinal Manipulation, Stretching, Ultrasound & Trigger Point injections
- IV Nutrient Therapy & Vitamin Injections for energy & mental health
- Virtual Seminar with Lisa Ackerman, CN, MSN on “Nutrition for Distance Athletes” hosted by Fleet Feet – Ballard. Seattle, WA
Dr. Andrew Simon and staff provided an inviting yet professional environment to receive care in. I appreciated his straight forward approach to my health. I was able to get my questions answered without feeling rushed like with many doctors and his answers were knowledgable but easy to understand. In addition, Dr. Simon was able to provide me a dietary plan to help me improve my energy and feel less inflamed and he didn’t overwhelm me with supplements either. What was really cool was during my visit, I had mentioned I had this weird kink in my neck for a week and he was able adjust my neck and back! I really appreciate the integrated approach Dr. Simon takes.
Dr. Simon is a very personal and professional physician. He is not only knowledgeable but he also takes the time to listen to all aspects of your life which exemplifies the integrative care model!
Dr. Simon is a well trained naturopathic physician fluent in many different treatment options. I appreciate the time he takes to educate and explain every step of the way!
Chinese medical history covers a span of 4,500 years. While it’s a bit over-simplified, the…
Drop the Peanut… Through the Western lens of medicine, we expect to go into the…
Rebel Med NW is excited to announce that Dr. Jessica Schule was voted Seattle Top…
Rebel Med NW Covid-19 Clinic Policy in Regards to the Vaccine Mandate Our employees: The…
Natural Treatment Approach for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Small Business End of the Year Sale To help support our small business during the…
There are plenty of apps out there that help develop the first steps of mindfulness,…